I love strawberries and the endless recipes you can use them in. Recently, I have made a Strawberry Curd, which should be used in these Lava Cakes. In addition, I have plenty of other Strawberry desserts which are simple and delicious, like Strawberry Bars, Strawberry Pie and Strawberry Poke Cake.
Strawberry Lava Cakes are no fuss and easy to make. They take 30 minutes from start to finish, if you already have the curd on hand. In 30 minutes you can enjoy an unbelievably luscious and flavorful dessert. The cakes are so moist, packed with flavor, sweet and tender with a “lava” center. Each bite is bursting with flavor and just melts in your mouth.
I loved the texture and appearance of these cakes. I am notoriously known for not liking dry cakes. However, these Strawberry Lava Cakes will not disappoint. They are tender and moist like a soufflé, with pronounced and rich strawberry flavor.
TO MAKE THE LAVA CAKE
- 1 pinch salt
- 50 g white chocolate couverture, finely chopped
- 1 egg, medium
- 2 egg yolks, of medium eggs
- 1 tablespoon(s) granulated sugar, for the pans
- 1 teaspoon(s) red food coloring paste
- 50 g all-purpose flour
- 100 g strawberry jam
- 1 tablespoon(s) butter, at room temperature, for the pans
- 400 g dulce de leche
TO MAKE THE SAUCE
- 200 ml milk, 3,5% fat
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) cinnamon
- 200 g chocolate couverture, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon(s) pepper, pink
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) ginger
- 100 g strawberry jam
- 200 ml heavy cream 35%
- mint leaves
- heart sprinkles
MIX THE INGREDIENTS
- Preheat the oven to 180 C (350 F) set to fan.
- In a mixer’s bowl add the dulce de leche, the salt, the egg, the yolks, the strawberry jam, the red food coloring paste.
- Beat with the whisk attachment at high speed, for 2 minutes, until fluffy.
- In a bowl add the flour, the chocolate, and mix with a spoon.
- Transfer the flour mixture into the mixer’s bowl with the rest of the ingredients.
- Mix with a silicone spatula until homogenized.
- Butter and sugar 6 crème caramel mold pans.
- Transfer the mixture to a measuring jug and divide it among the pans.
- Bake in the oven for 8 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and take lava cakes out of the pans right away.
MAKE THE SAUCE
- In a saucepan add the heavy cream, the milk, and place over medium heat.
- As soon as it comes to a boil, remove from the heat.
- In a blender add the chocolate cut into small pieces, the ginger, the cinnamon, the strawberry jam, and the pink pepper.
- Add the warm cream mixture, let it sit for 1 minute, and beat until homogenized.
- Serve the lava cakes with the chocolate sauce, the heart candies, and the mint leaves.