Skip the store-bought sweets and make these Banana Chocolate Chunk Muffins with fresh fruit instead. These Banana Chocolate Chunk Muffins are made with a moist banana cupcake filled with chocolate chunks! They are topped with fresh sliced bananas and Nutella for a decadent and tasty cupcake!
Yield: 12 CUPCAKES
Prep time:10 MIN
Cook time: 20 MIN
Total time: 30 MIN
FOR THE BANANA CUPCAKES:
½ cup unsalted butter, room temperature
⅔ cup sugar
2 medium eggs, room temperature
1 cup banana puree
¼ cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 cups flour, sifted
½ cup chocolate chunks
1 cup of Nutella
TO MAKE THE CHOCOLATE CUPCAKES:
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C) and prepare a muffin pan with cupcake liners.
2. In a large bowl, using a hand mixer, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy, add the eggs and beat on medium-low speed until combined.
3. Once combined, add the banana puree, milk, vanilla, baking soda and baking powder into the bowl, mix until homogeneous.
4. After that, add the flour and continue to mix until incorporated. Break the chocolate bar into chunks and fold the chocolate chunks into the batter, mix until combined.
5. Use an ice cream scoop or a piping bag to distribute the batter evenly into each cupcake tins, each is ¾ full.
6. Bake for about 18 to 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cupcake comes out clean. Allow the muffins to cool in the pan for 5 minutes before letting them cool on a cooling rack.
7. Top with Nutella and sliced banana before serving. The muffins can be stored in an airtight container for 4-5 days in the fridge.