Yay! These easy to make super cute Monster Brownies are the perfect kids weekend project for Halloween! The beauty is, you can let your imagination run wild and decorate these one-bowl brownies with whichever magical creature you like!
I love how fun these are to make. They’re made of my fudgy chocolate brownie recipe, but more about that below! What I love most about these is how creative you can be. You can use any candies you like, and you could use this same recipe for different holidays too. Not just Halloween. Heart shaped message valentines candy anyone?
My fudgy brownies are a chocolate lovers dream! So easy to make, a one bowl recipe which means they’re easy enough for kids to make. They slice easily, and they’re perfect on their own too without the frosting and candies!
I hope you guys enjoyed this simple but delicious recipe with me. Please comment in the comments section below, or feel free to share with your family and friends on social media.
I’ll see you all on the following recipe. Happy baking!
- 4 ounces chocolate dark, semi-sweet or milk
- 8 ounces unsalted butter
- 5 ounces AP flour or cake flour for a more tender brownie
- 2 ounces cocoa powder
- 4 ounces brown sugar
- 6 ounces sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Cream Cheese Topping
- 4 ounces sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 16 ounces cream cheese softened
- 2 large eggs room temperature
Cheesecake Topping Instructions
- In the bowl of a stand mixer with the paddle attachment, place cream cheese and cream until smooth.
- In the same bowl, add in your sugar and cream until smooth.
- While mixing on low, add in the vanilla and then your eggs one at a time, remember to let each one incorporate fully before adding the next. Scrape the bowl. Cream until smooth (2-3 minutes)
- Divide the cream cheese mixture into two bowls. Color one with the yellow and green food coloring and the other bowl with the pink and purple. Set aside.
- Preheat your oven to 350ºF.
- Line a 1/4 sheet pan with parchment paper so there is 1″ of overhang on all sides.
- In a heatproof bowl, melt your butter and chocolate together over simmering water or in the microwave. Let cool until it no longer feels hot to the touch.
- Whisk together your sugar, salt, vanilla and eggs in a bowl until just combined.
- Sift together the flour and cocoa powder to remove lumps and then set aside.
- Add your melted chocolate mixture to the egg mixture and whisk until just combined.
- Add your chocolate egg mixture to the flour mixture and stir gently until just combined and no flour lumps are visible.
- Pour your batter into the parchment-lined pan.
- Spoon alternating dollops of the colored cream cheese batter on top of the brownies and swirl the colors together.
- Add some sprinkles if desired.
- Place the pan in the center of the oven and bake until a toothpick comes out from the center with a few sticky moist crumbs. About 35 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven and place onto a cooling rack. Place eyeball sprinkles on top of cream cheese layer
- Let cool slightly before slicing and serving. Do not cover or the black pupils on the eyeballs will run.