Layers of moist white cake are sandwiched between a whipped cream cheese, strawberry studded frosting in this beautiful and delicious cake that’s perfect for any spring celebration!
This Strawberries & Cream Cake is sooooo good, I couldn’t wait to share.
This strawberry cake is so fresh and light, it’s hard to stop at just one piece. Really, my words don’t do this cake justice. You just need to try it!
It would be perfect for Valentines Day. Or Mother’s Day, Easter, Memorial Day…..or just any old day. This cake is so good, you probably don’t want to wait for a special occasion to make it.
Be Sure To Save This Strawberries & Cream Cake Recipe To Your Favorite Pinterest Board For Later
HERE’S WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO MAKE STRAWBERRIES & CREAM CAKE
FOR THE FROSTING
2 cups heavy cream
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
1 cup powdered sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla
3 cups chopped strawberries, plus more strawberries for garnish
FOR THE CAKE
1 box white cake mix
1 box (3.4 oz.) instant white chocolate pudding
5 egg whites
1 cup sour cream
1/3 cup oil
1/2 cup water
1 teaspoon almond extract
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour 3 (9-inch) round cake pans.
2. In a large bowl, combine cake ingredients. Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until smooth.
3. Divide the batter evenly between the prepared pans. Bake for 17-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in pans for 10 minutes before turning onto wire racks to cool completely.
4. Meanwhile, make the frosting: in a medium bowl, beat the heavy cream until very stiff peaks form.
5. In a separate large bowl, beat the softened cream cheese with an electric mixer on high speed until light and fluffy.
6. Add the sugar and vanilla to the cream cheese and beat until well combined.
7. Gently fold the strawberries into the cream cheese mixture. The frosting will turn slightly pink. Mix until the frosting is a uniform color.
8. Fold the whipped cream into the frosting in two batches.
9. Spread 1 1/2 to 2 cups frosting over the top of one cake layer (don’t be afraid to be generous). Place another cake layer on top and repeat.
10. Place the third cake layer on top and frost the top and sides of the cake with the remaining frosting. Garnish with additional fresh strawberries, if desired.
11. Refrigerate until serving. Keep leftover cake in the refrigerator.
12. I definitely recommend using three cake pans for perfect layers if possible–but you could certainly make this as a two layer cake if you only have two pans. You should have plenty of frosting either way, so don’t be afraid to be generous!