Chocolate cupcakes are the ultimate party food. Made from simple everyday ingredients, this easy cupcake recipe will be your new favorite!
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 large egg
1 cup (130g) all purpose flour
1 cup (207g) sugar
1/2 cup (120ml) buttermilk
1/2 cup (120ml) vegetable oil
3/4 tsp vanilla
6 tbsp (43g) unsweetened cocoa powder*
1/2 cup (120ml) hot water*
5 cups (575g) powdered sugar
12 oz semi sweet chocolate chips, melted
3 tbsp (22g) Hershey’s dark cocoa powder
1/4 cups (280g) unsalted butter, room temperature
Pinch of salt
4–5 tbsp (60-75ml) heavy whipping cream
1. Preheat oven to 300 ° F (148 ° C) and prepare a small lined baking pan.
2. Put the dry ingredients in a large bowl and beat well. Set aside.
3. Mix eggs, buttermilk, vegetable oil, and vanilla in another medium-sized bowl.
4. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix until well combined.
5. Add water to the flour and mix until well combined. The dough will be thin.
6. Fill the cupcake pads about in half and bake for 18-23 minutes, or until a toothpick draws some damp crumbs.
7. Remove the pies from the oven and let cool for 2 minutes, then take out the shelf to cool to complete cooling.
8. To make whipped cream, beat butter in a large mixing bowl and mix until smooth.
9. Add the melted chocolate and mix until well combined.
10. Add cocoa powder and mix until well combined.
11. Add about half of powdered sugar and 2 tablespoons of heavy cream and mix until well combined.
12. Add the remaining powdered sugar and salt and mix until smooth.
13. Add remaining thick cream if necessary to obtain the correct consistency of coating.
14. Pipe the frosting onto the cupcakes