This sweet and tart pαssion fruit macaron is made with macaron shells filled with pαssion fruit curd. These pαssion fruit macarons are loaded with tangy flavor, the perfect dessert for parties with their pretty color, delicate taste and French roots.
Yield: 6-8 SERVINGS
Prep time: 20 MIN
Cook time: 15 MIN
Total time: 35 MIN
FOR THE MACARON DOUGH:
1 cup almond flour, sifted
1 cup icing sugar
¼ cup egg wh̾i̾t ̾e
FOR THE MERINGUE:
¾ cup sugar
2 tablespoons water
¼ cup egg wh̾i̾t ̾e
Yellow food coloring gel
FOR THE FILLING:
1 cup sugar
¾ cup pαssion fruit pulp
1 cup butter
TO MAKE THE MACARON DOUGH:
1. Preheat the oven to 300°F (150°C) and prepare a baking sheet with a macaron baking silicon mat.
2. Sift the almond flour and ¾ cup icing sugar together. Add ¼ cup egg wh̾i̾t ̾e and mix until combine.
TO MAKE THE MERINGUE:
1. Into a saucepan, boil ⅔ cup sugar and water to 240°F (115°C).
2. Into a mixing bowl, add the egg wh̾i̾t ̾e, beat until foamy. Keep mixing, slowly add the hot sugar mixture into the egg wh̾i̾t ̾e, beat until stiff peaks form.
3. Pour a third of the meringue over the almond mixture, mix gently to incorporate it, then add the rest of the meringue. Be careful not to mix too long or too quickly, the dough may become too liquid! Add the yellow food coloring gel to the mix.
4. Transfer the batter into a piping bag, and pipe it onto the baking sheet, sprinkle some poppy seed on top. Tap the baking sheet to the table to remove air bubble. Bake for 10 minutes in the preheated oven.
TO MAKE THE PASSION FRUIT CURD:
1. Into a saucepan, add eggs, yolk, sugar and mix well. Add the pαssion fruit pulp, butter then turn the stove to medium-high heat. Stir constantly until thickened.
2. Whip 1 cup of whipping cream. Pipe the whipped cream onto the shell, spare the middle for the curd. Pipe the pαssion fruit custard in the middle. Enjoy!
3. The macarons can be store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Source: Easy Pαssion Fruit Macarons
For more delicious dessert: Tastycious