This sweet Strawberry Macarons dessert is made with macaron shells filled with strawberry cream. These strawberry macarons are loaded with strawberry flavor, the perfect dessert for Valentine’s Day with their pretty color, delicate taste and French roots.
Yield: 6 SERVINGS
Prep time: 20 MIN
Cook time: 15 MIN
Total time: 35 MIN
FOR THE MACARON DOUGH:
1 cup almond flour, sifted
¾ cup icing sugar
¼ cup egg wнιтe
FOR THE MERINGUE:
⅔ cup sugar
2 tablespoons water
¼ cup egg wнιтe
FOR THE CREAM:
¼ cup sugar
¼ cup yolk
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup milk
4 tablespoons cornstarch
1 cup whipping cream
TO MAKE THE MACARON DOUGH:
1. Preheat the oven to 300°F (150°C) and prepare a baking sheet with a macaron baking silicon mat.
2. Sift the almond flour and ¾ cup icing sugar together. Add ¼ cup egg wнιтe and mix until combine.
TO MAKE THE MERINGUE:
1. Into a saucepan, boil ⅔ cup sugar and water to 240°F (115°C).
2. Into a mixing bowl, add the egg wнιтe, beat until foamy. Keep mixing, slowly add the hot sugar mixture into the egg wнιтe, beat until stiff peaks form.
3. Pour a third of the meringue over the almond mixture, mix gently to incorporate it, then add the rest of the meringue. Be careful not to mix too long or too quickly, the dough may become too liquid!
4. Transfer the batter into a piping bag, and pipe it onto the baking sheet. Tap the baking sheet to the table to remove air bubble. Bake for 15 minutes in the preheated oven.
TO MAKE THE CREAM:
1. Into a saucepan, add sugar, yolk, vanilla and mix well. Add the milk and cornstarch then turn the stove to medium-high heat. Stir constantly until thickened.
2. Whip 1 cup of whipping cream. Then add the custard to the whipped cream, mix well.
3. Pipe the cream onto the shell. Cut the strawberries into slices or halves, arrange them around the cream. Put strawberry and whipped cream on top.
Source: Homemade Strawberry Macarons
For more delicious dessert: Tastycious