This Chocoflan recipe is the combination of these two classic desserts is absolutely delicious and always a hit when we make it. If you make it right, you will have a piece of flan and chocolate cake in every bite, which is so tasty!
Yield: 12 SERVINGS
Prep time: 20 MIN
Cook time: 1 HR 15 MIN
Colling time: 1 HR
Total time: 1 HR 35 MIN
FOR THE CARAMEL:
1 cup sugar
⅓ cup water
FOR THE FLAN:
400ml whole milk
⅓ cup sugar
150ml whipping cream
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
FOR THE CHOCOLATE CAKE:
3 medium eggs (separate the yolks and egg white)
⅓ cup flour
2 tablespoons cocoa powder
½ tablespoons vanilla extract
TO MAKE THE CARAMEL:
1. Add the sugar to a non-stick pan over medium heat. The caramel will start to form within about 5 minutes, stir constantly to prevent lumps.
2. Once it has dissolved completely and has a golden brown color.
Turn off the heat and pour the caramel into a greased bundt pan and carefully move it from side to side so that the caramel covers the bottom portion of the bundt pan (use oven mitts for this part).
3. Let cool for at least 10 minutes before adding the flan mixture.
TO MAKE THE FLAN:
1. In a saucepan, add the whole milk and sugar over medium-low heat, stir well. When the milk starts to simmer, remove it from the heat.
2. In a bowl, beat 5 eggs until combine. Continue to mix and slowly pour the hot milk in. Add whipping cream and vanilla, mix well.
3. Pour the flan mixture into the bundt pan. Cover the bundt pan with aluminum foil and cook using the water bath method for 35 minutes in the oven at 375°F (190°C) or until the flan is partially but not completely firm.
4. Remove from the oven and remove the aluminum foil.
TO MAKE THE CHOCOLATE CAKE:
1. In a mixing bowl, add the yolks, flour, cocoa powder, oil, milk and vanilla extract, mix to combine.
2. In a separate bowl, beat the egg white and sugar until stiff peaks form.
3. Using a spatula, gently fold your egg whites into your batter. Take care to scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl so that ingredients are well-combined, do not over-mix.
4. Pour the batter on top of the flan. Bake for 20-30 minutes at 350°F(180°C) or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out with few moist crumbs attached. Take care to not over-bake. Check the cake at 15 minutes to see how it is doing and judge the timing from there.
5. Cool for 10 minutes. Remove from pans and cool completely on a wire rack before serving.
Source: Homemade Chocoflan Recipe
For more delicious dessert: Tastycious