Chocolate Peppermint Squares have a delicious texture and flavor combination. They’re no-bake, have three layers, a minty flavor, and a smooth and shiny dark chocolate layer as the crowning glory. The most important thing to keep in mind when making these is that each layer must be chilled before moving to the next.
Yield: 16 SQUARES
Prep time: 15 MIN
Cook time: 15 MIN
Total time: 30 MIN
FOR THE CRUST:
2 cups crushed Graham cracker
6 tablespoons melted butter
FOR THE PEPPERMINT CREAM:
½ cup coconut oil
½ cup whipping cream
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 teaspoons peppermint extract
2 tablespoons powdered sugar, sifted
FOR THE CHOCOLATE COATING:
4oz dark chocolate, chopped roughly
1 tablespoon coconut oil
TO MAKE THE CRUST:
1. First, put graham crackers into a blender and pulse until they
become fine crumbs.
2. Into a mixing bowl, mix together the grounded cracker and melted butter until moistened.
3. Line a 9-inch pan with parchment paper. Transfer the crumb into a square pan lined with parchment. Using the back of a spoon, press the crust to the bottom of the pan.
4. Refrigerate whilst you prepare the filling.
TO MAKE THE PEPPERMINT CREAM:
1. In a mixing bowl, add coconut oil, whipping cream vanilla extract, peppermint extract, powdered sugar, mix with an electric mixer until smooth.
2. Spread the cream evenly on top of the crust. Refrigerate for about 30 minutes, whilst chilling the cake, let’s prepare the chocolate coating.
TO MAKE THE CHOCOLATE COATING:
1.Into a microwave-safe bowl, add the chocolate and coconut oil, microwave for 20-second intervals, stirring between each, until chocolate is fully melted, glossy and smooth.
2.Slice the cake slab into 16 pieces and put on a wire rack, while the chocolate is still hot, pour the chocolate on top of the cake to coat. Chill in the fridge until ready to eat.