These Homemade Strawberry Star Bread are light and fluffy, with a sweet flavor from the strawberry. Perfect for breakfast!
Yield: 6-8 SERVING
Prep time: 20 MIN
Proof time: 1 HR
Cook time: 30 MIN
Total time: 1 HR 50 MIN
FOR THE BREAD:
3 cups flour
⅓ cup sugar
1¼ teaspoon yeast
1 teaspoon salt
½ cup water
½ cup milk
2 tablespoons oil
FOR THE DECORATION:
¼ cup melted butter
½ cup sugar
1½ teaspoons cinnamon
TO MAKE THE BREAD:
1. In the bowl of a stand mixer, put all the ingre∂ιєnts listed above together. Mix on medium speed with a dough hook, until combined. When the dough does not stick to the sides of the bowl then it is done.
2. Lightly grease a large bowl with oil spray and put the dough in, cover with plastic wrap and let rise in a warm place for about 30 minutes or until doubled in size (give the dough enough time to rest so it is easier to roll flat).
1. Dust the working surface with flour, take the bread dough out and divide it into 4 pieces. Roll the pieces flat and spread strawberry jam on top, spare 1 inch from the rim. Lay the other bread on top, repeat the exact process with the rest.
2. Put a small cup in the middle of the bread, then cut the outside of the bread into ṩẗŕïṗs
Twist the bread and pinch 2 of the ṩẗŕïṗs together. Brush with butter.
3. Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C). Line the baking sheet with parchment paper.
4. Bake for 22 minutes and you’re done. Serve with powdered sugar. The bread can be stored in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
Source: Homemade Strawberry Star Bread
For more delicious dessert: Tastycious