The vanilla cake is filled with sweetened condensed milk and it’s topped with a fresh strawberry sauce and cream cheese whipped cream. It will make you the star of every summer picnic.
Yield: 9 SERVINGS
Prep time: 30 MIN
Cook time: 30 MIN
Total time: 60 MIN
FOR THE VANILLA CAKE:
3 medium eggs
6 graham cracker, whole
FOR THE STRAWBERRY CREAM CHEESE FILLING:
450g fresh strawberries, chopped
225g cream cheese
400g condensed milk
225g whipped topping, to decorate
9 strawberries, to decorate
TO MAKE THE VANILLA CAKE:
1. Preheat the oven to 325°F (160°C). Grease a 9-inch square cake pan with cooking spray.
2. In a mixing bowl, add flour, eggs, oil and milk and mix until combined.
Fill the bottom of the pan with graham crackers. Pour the batter on top and bake for 45 minutes until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Let the cake cool completely before decorating.
TO MAKE THE STRAWBERRY CREAM CHEESE FILLING:
1. In a mixing bowl, mash the chopped strawberries into pulp. Add the cream cheese and beat until combined. Pour the condensed milk and continue mixing for 2-3 minutes until incorporated.
2. Using the back of a wooden spoon, poke 4 rows of 4 holes in the cake, making 16 holes total.
3. Pour the mixture over the cake and let until the cake absorb as much of the mixture as it can. Some of the mixture will still stay on top, which is okay.
4. Spread the whipped topping evenly on top.
5. Chill the cake for at least 30 minutes before serving
6. Slice, and serve with strawberries and the reserved graham cracker crumbs.
Source: Strawberry Poke Cake
For more delicious dessert: