1. Do you store cosmetics in the refrigerator or not?
Should I leave lotion in the refrigerator?
Lotion if stored in the refrigerator cooler will give better effect on the skin, while also helping you to use the lotion for longer.
Therefore, under hot weather, storing lotion in the refrigerator is considered a very useful method.
However, whether or not to leave lotion in the refrigerator depends on the ingredients of each cream because in some cases, the lotion will lose its function by keeping it in the refrigerator. So, when buying skin cream products, you can ask the counselor if this cream can be stored in the refrigerator!
Should we put the mask in the refrigerator or not?
A face mask is also a product that should be stored in the refrigerator cooler. High outside temperature can destroy some of the mask’s ingredients. Therefore, you should put the lotion in the refrigerator to prolong its use. In addition, the temperature in the refrigerator also protects the mask better.
Should rose water be put in the refrigerator or not?
Rose water can be stored in the refrigerator cooler because the low temperature in the cooler will make the rose water more effective and also help prolong its shelf life. An important note for you when storing rose water in the refrigerator is that you must not put it in the freezer, just keep it in the cooler!
Note: If your home does not have a refrigerator, or are you unsure if cosmetic products are kept in the refrigerator? Then you can store that cosmetic in a cool, dry place, away from direct sunlight.
2. What cosmetics should and should not be in the refrigerator cooler
What kind of cosmetics should be kept from cooling the refrigerator
– Mineral Spray: Mineral spray products should be stored in the refrigerator because the cold environment makes mineral spray more effective.
– Eye cream: If you use eye cream stored in the refrigerator, your puffiness will be significantly reduced, and dark circles will also be minimized.
However, refrigeration should only apply to organic products because they do not contain preservatives. As for masks such as paper masks, you should not keep them in the refrigerator because this can make them less effective.
– Acne medicine: If you want to preserve acne medicine better, you should put them in the refrigerator to avoid oxidation.
Mask: The temperature in the refrigerator helps the mask provide better moisture. In addition, the mask stored in the refrigerator will make you feel comfortable to use while also making your skin softer.
– Perfume: Perfume should be stored in a cool compartment, absolutely not put in the freezer.
– Handmade (homemade) and organic (pure) cosmetics: These are products that need to be refrigerated because they contain natural ingredients that need to be kept cold to ensure effective use. You should also make sure to use them on time because refrigeration will not last too long.
Serum: Cold temperature is very suitable for preserving serum. Keeping serum in the refrigerator is a way to increase the quality of this product.
– Sunscreen: Leaving sunscreen in the refrigerator will increase its effectiveness compared to leaving them at room temperature.
Cosmetics should not be kept in the refrigerator
– Lipstick: Lipsticks will easily bottle if you keep them in the refrigerator because the low temperature does not match the composition of the lipstick.
– Makeup lead: When the lead is cold, it will harden, making it difficult to use. In addition, leaving makeup lead in the refrigerator also makes the lead color uneven, reducing the aesthetics.
– Oil-type cosmetics: The temperature in the refrigerator will cause oil-based cosmetics to separate and even harden them. Therefore, you should not keep this product in the refrigerator.
– Chalk: Powder types, including eyeshadow, blusher, foundation … should not be stored in the refrigerator because the storage conditions of these products are dry. If you put chalk in the refrigerator, they will degrade because of a humid environment.
3. Store cosmetics in the refrigerator properly
To effectively store cosmetics in the refrigerator, you should apply the following:
– Store in specialized compartments such as antimicrobial utility compartments. Some of the products that should be stored in this compartment are perfumes, homemade cosmetics or organic cosmetics.
– Before putting in the fridge, you need to cover the lid or put it in a plastic bag and tie it carefully, especially for perfumes to protect their scent.
– You need to adjust the appropriate temperature for each cosmetic product and remember that it is not advisable to leave them at too low a temperature because it can adversely affect the cosmetics.
– Do not mix cosmetics with other foods in the refrigerator.