Craving pastries but also in a lazy mood? Then this chocolate twist pastry recipe is the answer to all your wishes!
Making this twist is so easy and is as simple as spreading chocolate spread on a pastry sheet, twisting and baking! You’ll be munching away in under 20 minutes! They are completely fool-proof and zero effort, yet look so professional and taste amazing.
This is my second recipe using ready-made puff pastry sheets. I am still amazed that most of the best big brand ready-made pastry sheets are vegan. Not to mention, they can be kept in a freezer ready for making a quick treat for unexpected guests or for your own sudden pastry related cravings.
- 25g shelled pistachios, chopped, plus a few extra for sprinkling
- 50g dark chocolate chips
- 100g ready-made custard
- 2 tsp icing sugar
- 2 tbsp ground almonds
- 1 x 320g pack regular or Light Jus-Rol Puff Pastry Sheet
STEP 1: MIXING THE INGREDIENTS
- Line a baking tray with baking parchment.
- Unroll the pastry then turn so one of the longest sides is towards you, and imagine you’re going to fold it in half like closing a book.
- Mix the custard with the ground almonds.
STEP 2: FORM THE TWISTS AND BAKE
- Spread the custard mixture over one half of the pastry, then scatter over the chocolate chips and chopped pistachios.
- Fold the other half of the pastry over the top.
- Cut into 6 strips, so each one has the fold at one end.
- Gently twist each strip a few times – this bit can be messy!
- Space the twists on the prepared tray.
- Then put in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 220°C (200°C fan oven) Gas Mark 7.
STEP 3: SERVE
- Sift the icing sugar over the twists and scatter with a few more chopped pistachios.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until golden and crisp.
- Enjoy with a lovely cup of coffee.