Made of the clαssic sweet tart crust recipe that goes well with any filling. Matcha cream tart is a deliciously rich, creamy matcha tart recipe filled with fresh fruit. It is definitely a perfect summer dessert!
Yield: 8-10 SERVINGS
Prep time: 20 MIN
Cook time: 15 MIN
Cool time: 2 HR
Total time: 2 HR 35 MIN
FOR THE CRUST:
1 ¾ cup flour
1 cup sugar
6 tablespoons butter
1 egg yolks
FOR THE MATCHA CREAM CHEESE FILLING:
16 tablespoons cream cheese
6 tablespoons icing sugar
1 cup whipping cream
4 teaspoon matcha powder
Fresh fruit (lime, blueberries, mint leaves), for decoration
TO MAKE THE CRUST:
1. Preheat the oven to 300°F (150°C). Grease a rectangle tart pan with a loose base with butter.
2. In a medium mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar and butter and use your hand to mix until it forms some crumbs. Add the egg yolk, as soon as the dough begins to gather in a lump, knead to form a dough and wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least an hour.
3. Dust the work surface with flour, put parchment paper on top. After that, roll out the dough and cut it into a rectangle shape with ⅛-inch thickness.
4. Transfer the tart dough onto the tart pan, tuck the dough carefully to prevent any air bubbles, trim off the excess dough. Bake for 15 minutes, let cool to room temperature and remove from the pan.
TO MAKE THE MATCHA CREAM CHEESE FILLING:
1. Into a large bowl, beat the cream cheese and sugar until smooth, add the whipping cream and continue to beat until fluffy. Add the matcha powder and mix until combined.
2. Transfer the matcha filling to a piping bag. Pipe the filling evenly into the tart shell. Decorate with your favorite fruit and serve.