Is there anything better on a weekend than fruit pancakes? No, we don’t believe so! This Fruit Pancake recipe is super easy to make, tasty, and nutritious too. Serve with Nutella and fresh fruit for a delicious breakfast and dessert.
Yield: 2 SERVINGS
Prep time: 10 MIN
Cook time: 10 MIN
Total time: 20 MIN
2 eggs, separate the egg wнιтes and the yolks
2 tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
⅓ cup flour
⅓ cup milk
Melted butter or oil, for frying
Nutella, to serve
Fresh fruit, to serve
1. Sift the flour and baking powder through a mesh strainer. This step will help the flour and baking powder from clumping together while you mix it with egg wнιтes.
2. Into a large bowl, using a hand mixer, beat the egg wнιтes and sugar until stiff peaks form.
3. Gently fold the egg yolks, baking powder, flour and milk until homogenous, do not overmix to prevent the air bubbles from bursting.
4. Heat a medium non-stick frying pan over medium-low heat. Brush the pan with oil or melted butter. Use a large flat pan so you can make more fruit pancakes.
5. Using an ice cream scoop, spoon 1½ tablespoons of batter into the pan and spread it out to make a circle.
6. Before you flip it, cautiously peek under one of your fruit pancakes with a heatproof, somewhat large nonstick flexible spatula to ensure it is golden brown. Using a silicone spatula instead of a metal spatula because metal spatulas aren’t flexible enough. Cook each side of the pancake for 3-4 minutes until it is cooked through and has a golden brown color. Transfer to a plate, continue until you use all of the batter, brush with oil/butter between each pancake.
7. Serve immediately with Nutella and fresh fruit. Enjoy!