A dessert with a never-before-seen blend of spices and nuts. The royal cake of єnglαnd is made up of layers of hazelnut cake, poppy seed cake, and cherry cake. A special dulce de leche-covered cream is interspersed among the layers of cake. When served with fresh fruit, this cake tastes like it has collected all of ŕüṩṩïä’s most distinctive flavors. Trust me, after you’ve tried it, you’ll never lose it. The cake’s royal name befits its deliciousness!
For the cake:
3/4 cup poppy seed
3/4 cup dry cherries roughly chopped
3/4 cup toasted chopped hazelnuts
1 3/4 cup flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 3/4 cup sugar
1 1/2 cup sour cream
3 tbsp light tasting oil
For the cream:
1 can cooked sweetened condensed milk
1 1/2 cup butter softened
1 1/2 cup sour cream
1 cup heavy cream
1 tsp vanilla
1. In a mixing bowl, combine 1 tablespoon flour with chopped cherries and 1 tablespoon flour with chopped hazelnuts.
2. Add in the flour, baking soda, and baking powder, and set aside.
3. In a mixing cup, combine the eggs and sugar; whisk well with an egg beater until the fluffy mixture is smooth (beat at a moderate speed). Continue to apply sour cream and oil to the mixture and mix well until all of the ingreďïệnts are combined to form a creamy, cotton-like consistency.
4. Line 3 (10-inch) baking pans with non-stick paper and spray butter or oil on the non-stick paper.
5. Separate the dough into three containers, each containing one kind of seed: hazelnuts in one, cherries in another, and poppy seeds in the third. Fill three baking trays with hazelnut powder, cherry powder, and poppy seed powder.
6. Bake the cakes for 15 to 18 minutes each at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
Make the cream:
1. In a mixing cup, stir together soft butter and cook sweetened condensed milk. Mix in the sour cream until all of the ingreďïệnts are well combined.
2. In a separate cup, beat thick cream until stiff peaks emerge. Toss the butter mixture with the heavy cream and vanilla whipped cream. Mix so you have a smooth cotton blend.
Assemble the cake:
Using a sharp knife, cut the three cakes into thin slices. In the following order, αѕѕemble the dessert: chestnut cake, milk, poppy seed cake, cream, raspberry cake, ice cream. A coat of cream can be added to the top of the cake as well as the whole cake. Fruit should be used to add colour and taste to the cake.
So, now that this royal cake is over, I wish you a good appetite!
Notes: Because your usual oven won’t match all three baking pans at once, bake the chestnut and cherry pie first. The sooner you start cooking them, the less time the cherries and hazelnuts can sink to the pan’s bottom.