These Pina Colada Cupcakes are a frozen drink-inspired tropical dessert bursting with pineapple and coconut flavor, thanks to crushed pineapple in the cake and coconut and rum extracts in the frosting. A luscious pineapple cream cheese frosting tops these light and tender coconut cupcakes. You’ll have a miniature summer vacation on a plate.
Yield: 12 SERVINGS
Prep time: 30 MIN
Cook time: 13 MIN
Total time: 43 MIN
FOR THE CUPCAKES:
1 cup flour, sifted
½ cup oil
3 egg wḧïẗes, room temperature
½ cup water, room temperature
50g pineapple jam
FOR THE RUM FROSTING:
1 cup butter, room temperature
3 cups icing sugar, sifted
3 teaspoons milk
1½ coconut oil
½ teaspoon rum
Toasted coconut shred, to decorate
TO MAKE THE CUPCAKES
1. Preheat the oven to 325°F (160°C). Prepare a cupcake pan and line it with cupcake liners.
2. In a large bowl, beat the four, oil, egg wḧïẗes, water, pineapple jam with an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
Add flour, oil, vanilla extract and baking powder and continue to mix.
3. Use an ice cream scooper to divide evenly in each cupcake liner, each cup is filled to ¾. You will have about 12 cupcakes for this recipe.
4. Bake for about 30 minutes until an inserted toothpick in the center of the cupcakes comes out clean.
TO MAKE THE RUM FROSTING:
1. In a large mixing bowl, add butter, icing sugar, milk, coconut oil and rum, beat until light and fluffy. Transfer to a piping bag with a piping tip of your choice.
2. Frost the cupcakes and top with toasted coconut shred, refrigerate until ready to serve. These Pina Coladacupcakes can be kept refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 3 days. Enjoy these delicious cupcakes!
Source: How To Make Pina Colada Cupcakes
For more delicious dessert: Tastycious