With a graham cracker crust, fresh cheesecake filling, and a sweet cherry jam, this Cla̾s̾sic Cherry Delight Dessert is a super simple recipe but always a hít at parties and get-togethers. This cherry delight dessert is perfect all year, but especially during the summer when fresh cherries are available!
Prep time: 20 MIN
Chill time: 30 MIN
Total time: 50 MIN
FOR THE GRAHAM CRACKER CRUST:
2 cup graham cracker crumbs
½ cup melted butter
FOR THE CREAM CHEESE FILLING:
1 cup cream cheese
¾ cup powdered sugar, sifted
1 cup whipping cream
Cherry jam with whole cherry
TO MAKE THE GRAHAM CRACKER CRUST:
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Prepare a 9×13-inch gla̾s̾s baking dish.
2. Into a medium bowl, mix together the graham cracker crumbs and melted butter until moistened. Using the back of a spoon, press the crust to the bottom of the pan, make sure it is packed firmly.
3. Bake for 5 minutes to make it sturdíєr and let cool to room temperature then chill in the fridge until the filling is ready.
TO MAKE THE CREAM CHEESE FILLING:
1. In a large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese and powdered sugar at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth. Add the whipping cream and beat until light and fluffy, do not overmix.
2. Spread the filling over the crust evenly using a spoon or a spatula, chill for at least 30 minutes or overnight to set.
3. Cut into 6 pieces and serve with cherry jam. Put the leftovers in the refrigerator in a tight air container for about 4-5 days.
This cherry dessert is easy to make, portable, and can be prepared ahead of time. It’s a lovely holiday dessert, particularly for Christmas or Valentine’s Day, thanks to the bright red cherries.