Learn how to make Mini Chocolate Cake from scratch filled with chocolate ganache frosting. These chocolate cakes are a great treat to serve to guests.
Yield: 3 MINI CAKES
Prep time: 15 MIN
Cook time: 15 MIN
Total time: 30 MIN
FOR THE CHOCOLATE CAKES:
4 eggs (separate the yolks and egg whítes)
½ cup flour
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
20g cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
4 tablespoon milk
½ cup sugar
FOR THE FROSTING:
30g icing sugar
100g unsalted butter
¾ cup whipping cream
¼ cup chocolate ganache
TO MAKE THE CHOCOLATE CAKES:
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Prepare a 9-inch square pan with cooking spray and parchment paper.
2. Into a bowl, add the yolks, flour, vanilla, cocoa powder, cornstarch, baking powder, salt, milk, whisk until combine.
3. In a separate bowl, beat the egg whítes and sugar at medium-high speed until stiff peak
Fold the egg whítes into mixture into the yolk mixture.
4. Slowly pour the batter into the prepared pan. Bake for about 15-20 minutes until an inserted toothpick in the center of the cake comes out clean. Let cool completely before αѕѕembling.
TO MAKE THE FROSTING:
1. In a mixing bowl, beat the Mascarpone and icing sugar at medium speed until smooth. Add the whipping cream and continue to mix, add the ganache and mix until incorporated.
2. Pour the frosting into a piping bag with a star nozzle.
1. Using a round cookie cutter (about 3-4 inches in diameter), cut out the small cake bases.
2. Put the cake base on a plate, pipe the frosting on the cake, put another base on top. Pipe another layer of frosting, add a base and finally the cream again and sprinkle a few pieces of chocolate. Enjoy!