Your guests will be wowed by this gorgeous Apple Rose Tart with Maple Custard, with a toasty walnut crust and a silky sweet maple custard filling.
Yield: 10 SERVINGS
Prep time: 1 HR
Cook time: 30 MIN
Chill Time: 2 HRS
Total time: 3 HRS 30 MIN
FOR THE WALNUT CRUST:
560g walnut pieces
2 tablespoons sugar
1 egg wḧïẗe
4 tablespoons melted butter
FOR THE MAPLE CUSTARD:
½ cup maple syrup
½ teaspoon salt
FOR THE APPLE TOPPING:
3 fresh apple (approximately) quartered, cored, and sliced very
thin (keep in lemon water until ready to use)
¼ cup of honey (optional)
TO MAKE THE WALNUT CRUST:
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Line a 9-ich tart pan with parchment paper.
2. In a food processor or chopper, pulse the walnuts and sugar until they are finely chopped, and the pieces are about the size of breadcrumbs.
3. Add the remaining ingred̾i̾e ̾nts and pulse to combine
4. Press the mixture evenly into the bottom and up the sides of a 9-inch tart pan.
5. Bake for 15 minutes. Cool completely before fill with maple custard and top with apples.
TO MAKE THE MAPLE CUSTARD:
1. In a saucepan, whisk the egg yolks, maple syrup, salt and milk together. Place over medium heat and cook, stirring constantly, until the mixture becomes very thick.
2. Strain through a fine-mesh sieve into a heat-safe bowl and let cool completely.
3. Pour into the crust and chill for 2 hours
1. Roll a slice of apple into a tight spiral and stand it up vertically in the custard.
2. Continue to arrange apple slices in a concentric pattern around the first one, building a rose pattern.
3.Repeat until the top of the tart is completely covered with apple roses.
4. Brush honey over the apples, for shine (optional). Enjoy!
For more delicious dessert: Tastycious